Worlds Away Forums - European MMORPG and Gaming Community

Gaming news, discussion, guilds, semi-coherent burblings and Trout Cannon
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:49 pm 
Heroic

Steam ID: MimaUK
Origin ID: TK122
I love games but don’t normally review or recommend them as I know most here are far more tech minded then me but after playing Detroit become human I felt had to post a short message here.
If you have not played one of his games before such as Heavy rain DC makes story driven games heavy in QTEs I guess I’d describe his company as a higher budget telltale games. Up to now his games have in my view been fun but flawed and with some questionable dialogue wighting but after playing his latest game Detroit become human I have to think he has finally realised his vision of the type of game his has been aiming for. At its heart it’s still a story driven game with QTEs but this time the controls, dialogue and story all seem so much more instinctive and natural (ironic as you play as Androids) and your actions and choices really do matter and make a massive difference to how the story plays out and you really do care about the androids you play as. The game also looks amazing I have it running checkerboard 4K HDR on the PS4 pro and it is one of the best looking games I’ve played in terms of lighting and atmosphere and have not been able to put it down since I started playing it if you own a PS4 and like story driven your actions matter type of games I highly recommend checking this game out :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:46 pm 
Omnipresent

Steam ID: Talon2000uk
Origin ID: Yeah right!
Such a shame its PS4 only. :( I used to love his games when he did them on PC.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:51 pm 
Heroic

Talon wrote:
Such a shame its PS4 only. :( I used to love his games when he did them on PC.

have to agree with you tal iv always loved his games even though they have mostly been flawed till now (ie press X for Shawn lol) they have in my mind still been fun games on the whole but Detroit in my humble view is by far the best so far iv competed it once so far and that was a Stella experience the in game flowchart shows me just how much I have missed out on and im about to start again with just as much joy as the first time. I am sad it is denied to so many as its a ps4 only game as I guess im in the minority owning a goodish gaming pc, ps4 pro. xbow1x project Scorpio and a Nintendo switch but I was hoping Bal would do a proper review of this game as he is so much better at this then I am. still I do hope some day you get to play this latest offering Tal as im sure you would love it as much as I do xx

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:38 pm 
Podcast Producer

Steam ID: Orix_Solariss
Origin ID: Orix
I've enjoyed both Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls. Farenheit I didn't really get into, but I'll try it again some day.

I don't really have the money to splash out on a PS4, even though theres a list of games as long as my arm I'd like to try on it, Detroit included.

Glad it's a good un Jo! Anyone watching Humans on channel 4? If you like that, you'll like Detroit I imagine.

I remember when old Orix used to write game reviews, what happened to to him!?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:56 pm 
Heroic

Orix wrote:
Glad it's a good un Jo! Anyone watching Humans on channel 4? If you like that, you'll like Detroit I imagine.

I absolutely love Humans and yer it so could be the TV show of Detroit BH there so alike in many ways iv not started watching season3 yet tho have it recorded on my Sky box waiting till its all out then ill binge watch it and play the game again right after lol.