This months releases "November"

Bal and Bram serve up gaming news, views and related shenanigans!

Moderator: Newsgroup Mod

Balcora
News Dungeon Master
Steam ID: Balc0ra
Origin ID: Balc0ra

This months releases "November"

Post by Balcora » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:29 am

Here is a list of this & next months releases. I will update & clean this section as often as I can.
So check in here for updates on games that are due for all platforms within the next two months.
I'll do this to help you keep track or even surprise you if you did not know the game was just around the corner :D

I've also added what console the games are for. The release dates may not be the same for each platfom. So if you got both and really don't care that much, and just want the game now rather then later. Then check both to see what console gets em first or if they get em at the same time.
The games are sorted after release date. These are not all games ofc. Only those that might be of interest.
Its that time of the month again. Its November. And all the big titles are soon ready. We already had a few good titles that came last month like Forza Horizon, Assassins Creed III, NFS most wanted and the okayish Medal of Honor. So those are already out.

November this year is a bit thin since most of the big boys are holding back until next gen.
But still lots of goodies to come and with a new console at the end of the month.

November 6th:
Halo 4 "X360 exclusive"

November 9th:
Mass effect trilogy pack with all DLC "X360, PS3 and PC"

November 12th:
LittleBigPlanet Karting "PS3 exclusive"

November 13th:
Call of Duty: Black Ops II "All platforms"
Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified "PS Vita"
Rift: Storm Legion "PC"

November 14th:
Wonderbook: the book of spells "PS3 Move"
Midway arcade Orgins "PS3 & X360"

November 18th:
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two "All platforms inc Mam"
Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion "3DS"

November 20th:
Hitman Absolution "X360, PS3 and PC"
Planetside 2 "PC"

November 21th:
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale "PS3 exclusive"

November 22th:
Assassin's Creed III "The PC version"
Iron Sky: Invasion "PS3, X360 and PC"

November 23th:
LEGO The Lord of The Rings "All platforms"
Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse "PS3, X360"
Rise of the Guardians "PS3"

November 29th
Far Cry 3 "X360, PS3 and PC"

November 30th:
New Super Mario Bros. U "Wii U"
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition "PC, Mac, Android and Ipad"
Batman: Arkham City: Armoured Edition "Wii U"
Call of Duty: Black Ops II "Wii U"
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two "Wii U"
FIFA 13 "Wii U"
Darksiders II "Wii U"
Tank Tank Tank "Wii U"
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 "Wii U"
Funky Barn "Wii U"
Mass Effect 3 "Wii U"
Nintendo Land "Wii U"
ZombiU "Wii U"
Zone of the Enders HD Collection "X360 and PS3"
Assassin's Creed III "Wii U"
Best German commander ever
Never Forget
1959 - 2015

Balcora
News Dungeon Master

Re: This months releases "November"

Post by Balcora » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:06 pm

Finally got my head out of the sand and made the new list.
Sorry if anyone has missed it :D

There is still more to be added, but its a start.
Never Forget
1959 - 2015

Novus
Omnipresent

Post by Novus » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:58 pm

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition "PC, Mac, Android and Ipad"
Cannot wait to play this on the fondleslab. Go for the eyes Boo!

Novus fhtagn!

Orix
Podcast Producer
Steam ID: Orix_Solariss
Origin ID: Orix

Post by Orix » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:13 pm

Wow, not a thing that interests me this month! My wallet can breathe a sigh of relief... if it had lungs.
No active MMO characters right now...

I remember when old Orix used to write game reviews, what happened to to him!?

Laex
Darth Africanus
Steam ID: Leightonstm
Origin ID: Tygarus

Post by Laex » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:57 pm

The fondleslab?

My word. Between you fondling your slab and Sharaith's 6-year-old-boy's wiener tank...this is turning into a dodgy evening :D

Kojack
Template/Response.....
Steam ID: kojack51

Post by Kojack » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:23 am

Balders Gate on ipad :D

soul
Most Excellent Adventurer

Post by soul » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Balders Gate on andriod! Might get thet.
tiny sig

Orix
Podcast Producer
Steam ID: Orix_Solariss
Origin ID: Orix

Post by Orix » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:18 am

Orix wrote:Wow, not a thing that interests me this month! My wallet can breathe a sigh of relief... if it had lungs.
Actually, Far Cry 3 and Planetside 2 might... although, on a bit of a FPS burn out right now.

Can't be arsed with more Ass(assin's Creed). Might pick it up in a bargain bin in a few years :P
No active MMO characters right now...

I remember when old Orix used to write game reviews, what happened to to him!?

Laex
Darth Africanus
Steam ID: Leightonstm
Origin ID: Tygarus

Post by Laex » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:53 am

I want Baldur's Gate II on iPAD though :(

Balcora
News Dungeon Master

Post by Balcora » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Well yeah anyway. Halo 4...

Its a nice looking game. I thought they did the max out of the 360 with Reach, but i was wrong. Textures are not that much better. But they have done things to the lens flare, bloom, and other light effects and background effects that makes the game look really nice at times, and its not overdone either IMO like Syndicate. Tho 50% of the "in-game" cinematics are prerendered HD movie clips to give that little extra juice.

Sound is fantastic tho. Music is still great, the weapon sounds are now done form real weapons and not just a 9mm gun revved up to make is sound like a machine gun and such. The sniper now sounds like a 50cal, not just a pop gun with added effects. Tho the old sniper did not sound to bad.

Tho there is one part of the sound that I hate. Grunts don't speak English anymore. Why? did Chiefs translation chip go bust? None of the Covenant speak English. Cortana translated for him in the first game. And so did every one in every game after that. Even Reach. But not this one. Grunts where funny as hell to chase when they did flee. Now its not even a little funny. Now they sound like they got something stuck down their throat.

Tho on the plus side the Flood is not in SP.. Its MP only. But we got new annoying fast little buggers in SP now instead.

Spartan ops was fine, great way to grind XP and gain levels with lots of Red VS Blue Easter eggs that made me giggle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXPnyVydQzU&feature=plcp

Heck even Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter made it in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m43cqDWkik

Spartan ops had some variation, but they where to short. Tho that said we will get new episodes often so no biggie. 50 missions are included in the game, we only got 5 so far. Some achievements related to the later missions, so a full 1000 is impossible for a full 6 weeks.

But there are some downsides form the last games besides the grunts.
There is now way to see your profile and medals in the game. Only via Waypoint. So online to check your SP and MP medals. They are not even listed in most of the game modes during gameplay. Only listed after the game.
No firefight. So we can fight the new enemies in firefight here. That sucks big time.
No replay function in SP and spartan ops. So no funny SP screens or moments will ever come to the fileshare.
MM in MP can now set you in a middle of a match. Really? I've not play many games yet. But the few I have played was mid match or less then a min left so you get next to no xp.
No skulls to find and unlock. They are all unlocked form the start. Where is the fun in that. No need to explore then really besides the terminals. And if I wanna see the terminal movies? Well I can't in game. I have to go to waypoint for that. So its an online only feature.

XP has a daily limit. Do all the daily XP events and you are nearly there. Its to prevent boosters I guess. But its way to little. They had it in reach to. But removed it after the level cap was increased.
And SP was a tad to short. 5 hours on Normal and 10 hours on Legendary "yeah I got stuck for 3 hours on one of em. But the rest I did in 1 hour or so. Only 8 chapters compared to the normal 10. I looked at a guys profile that I played Spartan Ops with last night. He completed it on Easy and used 3 hours. Really? lol.

So yeah its online functions and other stuff are pre halo 3. But still a solid game.
Never Forget
1959 - 2015

Balcora
News Dungeon Master

Post by Balcora » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:31 pm

So yeah... COD BO II. Well I had no plans on getting it at launch. But there was this other game that got out a few weeks ago that I now had time to test out. So at the store I see that they got COD BO II at a launch day price. This store tends to do that every now and then. Tho they don't announce it. They just do it. -33% off form regular price for this day only, so I thought "screw it, its cheap"

So the game. Its okay for a COD game. The SP got the most changes with the Mass effect decisions thingy. But the outcome of different things is not 100% decided on the choices you get. You only get a hand full of plays like that. Kill him or him? Chase him or save her. Most of the time its decided based on how you play. Like one of the characters got his face burned in a car chase. He did warn me about the flames but I reacted to late to steer to the side. So If I had done that, his face would have been "clean" for the duration of the game.
Or at one point I was chasing a guy on foot with a hostage. I got stalled to long clearing out an area. When in fact I should have just taken one side and just charged the side door and then headed up. Since I did clear the area, he got away with the hostage. If I was faster... I would have taken him out. So instead he shows up on different occasions during the game.

Its a bold step away form what we are used to in COD. But it kinda works well for the game. Not sure how hardcore COD boys like it yet. But I did.
The only thing that kinda ruined the SP was the RTS element mini game where you either defend or attack to gain or keep control of an sector. You can lose em and still progress in the SP. It just decides some of the end results. One of em was sending me to get the hostage back that I lost. She had intel on the enemy and was apparently a good hacker. Get her, and change some of the outcomes.

Those missions got boring fast. And felt more of a grind. This however would have worked great as a Co-op mode. One player does RTS and one does FPS. That could have worked. But in SP alone it was broken and horrid and just a long haul to get something done.

But with so many outcomes and variations in SP with the storyline. The story tends to get a bit "screwed" up. And may even be confusing at times.
They don't have many of the usually slowmo Hollywood moments as before. And wanted to focus more on a story. But the core of the story and the base elements of it are... broken and have been done so many times before. But since there are so many ways to do all the missions and get different outcomes. The replay value is there.

Tho that said, even tho you got a good outcome on one mission. And a bad outcome on another. The bad outcome can come back later and bite the good outcome in the rear to screw it up even more. So even if you think you did something good. There is always a twist in there somewhere.

You pop form 1986 to 2025 playing different characters to bind the story. But if you replay the levels later. You can bring back a weapon form the future back to 1986 and do it again with the gun that charges its rounds and can penetrate several layers of walls with a scope that can detect enemies behind cover. Makes for some fun. Tho you can do that when you actually play the story. Nor can you change the outcome of the plot by replaying it to change outcomes on other levels.

So yeah, worth a looker. But at a discount price.
Never Forget
1959 - 2015

Return to “News Dungeon”